Hello all! I wanted to make sure I made a blog post here as a record for some updates regarding the Jester Apron & Collar crowdfund! All payments were processed and survey responses were collected and tallied so the order was officially placed with the manufacturer! If you’ve been following along on Instagram & Twitter, you saw a few updates I’ll just repeat here.
I tried launching additional crowdfunding campaigns to try to unlock more colorways but unfortunately there wasn’t enough interest to reach any of the goals. As a result, the final unlocked colorways from the original crowdfunding campaign will be the ones that remain. I will still be getting samples made of the additional colorways (Navy, Red, Purple, etc) Hopefully having the samples on hand can generate more interest and I’ll be able to order an additional small amount of new colors.
The white colorway of the apron has been updated to a more natural white vs the previous blueish polar white it was before. This change should help make the white colorway match more items!
The seams on the tails of the Size 2 apron has been increased slightly to better visually match the Size 1 apron.
The size of some of the larger pom-poms will be slightly smaller, specifically on the pink colorways. The source of the large pom-poms unfortunately has sold out of some colors and won’t restock so we’ll need to dye the pom-poms manually, which shrinks the size just a bit.
Due to an abundance of projects the manufacturer has, the aprons had to be put on pause temporarily from production. Production was pushed to April but has experienced further delays and will be pushed to June. This further delay has been caused by the kind of wiring that was used in the samples vs production. It’s important we use aluminum wire to avoid rust that will cause damage to the fabric. So I’ve had to spend some additional time sourcing the right kind of aluminum wire that is strong and flexible enough to maintain the weight of the aprons. Once the wire is ordered and shipped, production will begin immediately. This means, delivery might get pushed to August. I will update here and on social media once production finally begins and proceeds forward.
That’s it for now! Will post another update in a few weeks! 🙂